Employment Lawyers: Workplace solicitors – Sydney, NSW
JFM LAW is a Sydney employment law firm which has been practicing for over 30 years. We give employers and employees legal advice about workplace issues, industrial relations and human resources.
We offer advice for small to medium size businesses and executives who have issues with their employment contracts. We pride ourselves on being practical and efficient workplace lawyers. We give sound professional employment law information and guidance to all our clients.
The areas of employment and workplace law we focus on are:
- Contracts of employment: We can help you understand the various clauses written in your employment contract.
- Termination of Employment: We are able to advise on legal matters relating to termination including understanding unfair dismissal and unlawful termination.
- Performance Management: If you face legal issues associated with performance management and performance reviews, we can assist.
- Hostile Working Conditions: There are legal issues associated with discrimination, harassment and bullying in the workplace that we can supply excellent guidance with.
- Work health and safety: We can assist you to gain a better understanding of your duties in relation to maintaining a safe workplace.
- Workplace Investigations: We assist employers to put in place fair and just investigations, and advise employees how to respond to workplace complaints.
- Underpayment of Wages: We help employers respond to claims by employees and the fair Work Ombudsman, and aid employees in understanding their Award entitlements.
For Employers and Employees
Well drafted employment law contracts are the key to many related legal aspects. We offer advice about setting up employment contracts for your business, whether they are for casual, permanent or part-time employees or executives.
We base our employment contracts on sound employment law principles. The design of each contract takes contemporary issues into account. These issues include social media policy, protection of confidential information and restraints of trade.
Employers often find they have issues in relation to performance management or performance improvement among the staff. We are able to give well-considered and beneficial professional advice on the human resources aspects of handling matters at the workplace. We are always available on the phone to provide urgent advice for any matter that may occur in the workplace.
Problems for employers often arise when there are complaints or grievances, especially those relating to workplace harassment, bullying or discrimination. Our lawyers have developed expertise in helping employers develop policies and procedures in these areas, along with a cost-effective investigation program that will make sure that complaints and grievances are dealt with promptly, fairly and in the right way.
On occasions when an employer is restructuring their workplace they call upon us for advice about redundancy, termination of employment and severance arrangements.
When employees are considering entering into an employment contract they should engage a lawyer who understands workplace laws and can tell them about their rights and obligations.
It is important to contact a workplace lawyer before you sign an employment contract.
Employees may also have issues about bullying or harassment during the term of their employment. They may feel that they have not been paid the correct amount of wages, award entitlements or commissions. At such times, the employee can benefit greatly with suitable industrial law advice from fully qualified and experienced lawyers.
If you feel you are being unjustly performance managed, or are considering making an unfair dismissal claim you should contact us. We can advise you how to respond in a professional manner to any claims of poor performance or examine the grounds for the unfair dismissal claim. Our track record in advising employees about unfair dismissal claims is very good.
If you work at the managerial level, on a high income you may not have a right to claim unfair dismissal, so we can advise you of your executive rights in respect of your employment contract.
At JFMLAW we pride ourselves on being proactive employment lawyers and providing the best quality human resources, employment law and industrial law advice.
We are the workplace lawyers of choice in Sydney for a great many employees and employers.